BBQ Emergency

Thursday, October 21, 2010

So... last night was one of our vegan nights and I made the mistake of driving by Shane's Rib Shack on the way home. Not a good move.

From then on I was craving pulled pork, mac and cheese, and corn nuggets (my personal favorite).
I had planned on making a meatless chilli... but when I got home the craving was still there so I tried to incorporate some BBQ flavor into our dinner. This was the result. 

 I guess it's a variation of Brunswick stew except meatless, of course, and I didn't have any okra on hand... I'll note that for next time. :)

Got some meat-eaters at the table? Try getting a to-go order of pulled pork from your favorite local BBQ place and adding a portion to their bowls!



Ingredients:
1 can great northern beans
1 can red beans
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
1 red onion, diced
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/3 cup of BBQ sauce
Worcestershire sauce
fresh cilantro (or culantro), chopped

Directions:

 1. In a large pot, combine the 3 cans of beans and the corn and cook over medium heat.  Do not drain the cans of their liquid.

 2. Add the tomatoes,  paprika, 4 or 5 drops of Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and salt to taste. 
3. Garnish with red onion and cilantro.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Part-time Veg*n Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino